- Figure out how to get virtual machines running on my Windows 10 Home PC
- Stand up two virtual machines and install SQL server on both - one to simulate a test environment, and one to simulate a production environment. My local server will be development.
- Get a (hopefully) free acount for TeamCity and Octopus
- Install Redgate’s Flyway product for SQL change automation and deployment - we use SQL Change Automation at Youi, but that is expensive.
- Host a repo on Bitbucket cloud for TeamCity to pick up
- Figure out what kind of installation that TeamCity needs
- Figure out what kind of installation that Octopus needs
- Create the pipeline
Doesn’t sound too hard. I’ll write about what I’m learning.